Monday, March 17, 2014

Today's post is going to be a little lighter.  After spending the weekend at Jump Dance Convention with Addi and some of her teammates and their moms, I thought I would share some of the funny or strange comments I heard while standing around.  Okay, some of them may have come out of my mouth as well.  I got to thinking that if someone were to hear these comments out of the context of a dance competition,  they may think we are slightly weird or maybe even a little crazy. So over the weekend I compiled a top ten list.  I hope you can see the humor and silliness as I do.

Top Ten Comments You Would Only Hear At A Dance Competition:

1. "Where's the but glue? Can I borrow it?"
2. "Does this give me camel toe?"
3. "Do you have your eyes on?"
4. "No underwear on stage!"
5. "Yesterday you were giving me Wonder Bread, light and no flavor!"
6. "Yes you still have to dance if you are throwing up!"
7. "Get your pants off!" which was followed shortly after with, "you can't go out there without your pants!"
8. "You can't cry right now or your makeup will come off!"
9. "You need to bend over more"
10. "Put your leg down!" (in reference to every dancer that was with me putting her leg up on every handrail we stand next to treating it like a ballet bar to stretch on.  Or one of them doing a tilt while standing in line for food somewhere)

It is always fun to spend a weekend with these girls and moms. We laugh, we cry, we share stories and problems.  Sometimes there is drama and sometimes there are hurt feelings.  Sometimes there is a great sense of teamwork and togetherness.  In the end we are all in this together and it is always a learning experience to grow from.

One of the lessons I learned this weekend is that sometimes you think people understand you and all that you are going through and sometimes they have no idea.  Sometimes other's perspective, although hard to hear, can be helpful in understanding how handle or deal with situations.  Take the time to ask people about themselves.  Open up to others.  There are valuable lessons to be learned.  Things aren't always what they seem.

Have a great day!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment